QUOTODAY.COM – Are you interested in psychology theory? if you are, so you come to the right reading below about the psychology quotes and meaningful life. Firstly, we will share the general information before we continue with the 27 meaningful quotes about life by Viktor Frankl.
Viktor Emil Frankl, M.D,Ph.D.,, best known as Viktor Frankl, was an Austrian psychiatrist , psychotherapist, author, philosopher, and holocoust survivor who was born on March 26, 1905 and he died on September 2, 1997 in Vienna by the Jews family. He was a professor of neurology and psychiatrist at the University of Vienna.
He was famous as a smart and curious person. He has been interested in psychology since he was young. In his secondary school, He learned psychology and philosophy which made him have a correspondence with Sigmund Freud. Then he made a manuscript about psychology which was sent to Sigmund Freud and published to the International Journal of Psychoanalysis.
Viktor Frankl had became a theorist who focused on the research the meaning of life. He developed theories for helping people or individuals to find out the meaning in life by the theory approach. It was developed into the famous school, which was called as Third school of Viennese psychotherapy. He was an influential person in psychology and psychotherapist at that time.
He wrote all his thoughts about his own thoughts into the books, there were The Unconscious God (1943), Man’s Search for Meaning (1946), Yes to Live (1946), The Doctor and The Soul (1946), The Will to Meaning (1969), and many other books. So many books were created and those books are such meaningful context to finding out about how life is. So, here we go, to let you know the 27 meaningful quotes about life by Viktor Frankl :
1. “You cannot control what happens to you in life, but you can always control what you will feel and do about what happens to you.” – Viktor Frankl
2. “Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation.” – Viktor Frankl quotes
3. “Pain is only bearable if we know it will end, not if we deny it exists.” – Viktor Frankl
4. “What is to give light must endure burning.” – Viktor Frankl
5. “Success, you have to let it happen by not caring about it.” – Viktor Frankl
6. “I do the unpleasant tasks before I do the pleasant ones.” – Viktor Frankl
7. “An abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal behavior.” – Viktor Frankl
8. “Man is capable of changing the world for the better if possible, and of changing himself for the better if necessary.” – Viktor Frankl
9. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
10. “The last freedom is choosing your attitude.” – Viktor Frankl
11. “The meaning of life is to give life meaning.” – Viktor Frankl
12. “It is not freedom from conditions, but it is freedom to take a stand toward the conditions.” – Viktor Frankl
13. “Man’s inner strength may raise him above his outward fate.” – Viktor Frankl
14. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
15. “When a man cannot find meaning, he numbs himself with pleasure.” – Viktor Frankl
16. “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason to be happy.” – Viktor Frankl
17. “Man can only find meaning for his existence in something outside himself.” – Viktor Frankl
18. “Every human being has the freedom to change at any instant.” – Viktor Frankl
19. “If there is meaning in life at all, then there must be meaning in suffering.” – Viktor Frankl
20. “God is the partner of your most intimate soliloquies.” – Viktor Frankl
21. “Despair is suffering without meaning.” – Viktor Frankl
22. “Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.” – Viktor Frankl
23. “You don’t create your mission in life – you detect it.” – Viktor Frankl
24. “Ultimate freedom is a man’s right to choose his attitude.” – Viktor Frankl
25. “The point is not what we expect from life, but rather what life expects from us.” – Viktor Frankl
26. “Religion is the search for ultimate meaning.” – Viktor Frankl
27. “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Viktor Frankl
Thanks so much for reading all the passages. What do you think about the 27 meaningful quotes about life by Viktor Frankl ? Do you agree or disagree? Please let me know your opinion and share which quotes that you think are affordable in the comment section below. Let’s source other quotes in our pages and let me know if you want us to share other quotes by another author.