QUOTODAY.COM – Are you interested in reading the spiritual motivational quotes? If you are, you must read the 30 spiritual quotes by Ramana Maharshi below. Let’s start to know who Ramana Maharshi is? Find out the following passages.
Ramana Maharshi was a famous Indian saint and spiritual teacher who was born on December 30, 1879 in Tamil, Nadu, India and he died in his seventy years, on April 14, 1950. He was born an Indian Hindu under his othodox family. He was given birth name as Venkataraman, but he was best known as Ramana Maharshi.
Ramana Maharshi was very good at memorizing poetry when he was in basic school. He memorized Tamil poetry so quickly. He was famous as a devout Hindu, a good student, and a kind young Ramana by his generous spirit. He also learnt English because of his father’s hope that he would be a civil servant.
Ramana Maharshi was famous as the person who could sleep while walking. People said, no one could wake him up in his sleep walking. When he was sixteen, in 1896, he was overthinking about himself that he would meet his death. He was really afraid and paralyzed about death. He felt so drop when thinking about death, so he went to meditate and he did a spiritual thought to move away from being overwhelmed.
Once, he did his meditation and spiritual thought, he became having no interest in word affairs. He decided to go alone, meditate, not talk to anybody, and have a spiritual thought for many years. Then he got questions about spiritual thought and he answered in writing.
Years by years, in 1922, he had many followers and so he taught his followers of the spiritual he did. By his ability in spiritual and meditation, he wrote many literary works, there were ; Who Am I (1923), The Marital Garlands Letter (1914), Five Verses on the Self (1947) and many other works about his spiritual experience. Now, let’s find out his works formed in quotes about the spiritual experience. We already have a serving for you the 30 spiritual quotes by Ramana Maharshi which may interest your spiritual curious as follows;
1. “Your own Self-realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” — Ramana Maharshi
2. “The real is as it is always. We are not creating anything new or achieving something which we did not have before.” — Ramana Maharshi
3. “The Self cannot be found in books. You have to find it for yourself in yourself.” — Ramana Maharshi
4. “The only useful purpose of the present birth is to turn within and realize the Self.” — Ramana Maharshi
5. “When we stop regarding the unreal as real, then Reality alone will remain, and we will be That.”— Ramana Maharshi
6. “If we regard ourselves as the doers of action we shall also be the enjoyers of the fruits of such action.” — Ramana Maharshi
7. “There is no greater mystery than this: being reality ourselves, we seek to gain Reality.”— Ramana Maharshi
8. “Action and knowledge are not obstacles to each other.” —Ramana Maharshi
9. “To perform one’s duty is the greatest service to God.”— Ramana Maharshi
10. “Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside.”— Ramana Maharshi
11. “You can only stop the flow of thoughts by refusing to have any interest in it.” — Ramana Maharshi
12. “Without understanding yourself, what is the use of trying to understand the world?” — Ramana Maharshi
13. “Everything in the world was my Guru.” — Ramana Maharshi
14. “The Higher Power knows what to do and how to do it. Trust it.”— Ramana Maharshi
15. “Solitude cannot efface one’s thoughts. Practice does it.” — Ramana Maharshi
16. “The only freedom you have is to turn your mind inward and renounce activities there.”— Ramana Maharshi quotes
17. “It will come all right in the end.”— Ramana Maharshi
18. “When there are thoughts, it is distraction: when there are no thoughts, it is meditation.”— Ramana Maharshi
19. “You need not aspire for or get any new state. Get rid of your present thoughts, that is all.” — Ramana Maharshi
20. “There is neither Past nor Future. There is only the Present.” — Ramana Maharshi
21. “No one succeeds without effort… Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” — Ramana Maharshi
22. “Silence is most powerful. Speech is always less powerful than silence.” — Ramana Maharshi
23. “The mind always seeks external knowledge, leaving aside knowledge about itself.” — Ramana Maharshi
24. “There is nothing like ‘within’ or ‘without.’ Both mean either the same thing or nothing.” — Ramana Maharshi
25. “Your duty is to be, and not to be this or that.”— Ramana Maharshi
26. “Silence is also conversation.”— Ramana Maharshi
27. “All knowledge will have to be finally given up to experience the truth.”— Ramana Maharshi
28. “Do not meditate — be! Do not think that you are — be! Don’t think about being — you are!” — Ramana Maharshi
29. “Let come what comes, let go what goes. See what remains.”— Ramana Maharshi
30. “Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The Sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light to the whole world”. — Ramana Maharshi.
You’re all caught up now! Do you have any experience in spiritual life Rmamana Maharshi did? If you do, please share your experience and opinion in the following comment section. You also can share your favorite quote based on 30 spiritual quotes by Ramana Maharshi above.
Which one do you most like? Don’t hesitate to share your own favorite and share our images on your social media easily. Thank you so much for reading and visiting us because you are something!