QUOTODAY.COM – Do you know who the popular American author is? If you often heard the quotes about, “you’ve to die a few times before you actually live”, the quote was exactly by Charles Bukowski. To inspire your life and love, you must read the 30 extraordinary mind quotes by Charles Bukowski.
Henry Charles Bukowski Jr. was born on August 16, 1920 in Andernach, Germany and he died on March 9, 1994 in San Pedro, California, US. He was an American author with his best known name Charles Bukowski. He wrote many works, such as poetry and prose. He was typically the natural author who described anything naturally out of his mind on paper. About everything he experienced, bad or good, he wrote all as the works without addressing or covering the bad one to the good one. All works were natural.
As a poet, short story writer and a novelist, Charles Bukowski always dropped his imagination, experience and emotion on his paper to be done as the literary work. That was such an excellent idea. His skill in writing literary works led him to be the awarder as Laureate of American Lowlife. That award was given as he was very heroic, contributing to the American literary works. Most of his writings were about social, cultural and economics.
His works were published such as the books : Woman (1978), Ham on Rye (1928), Post Office (1971), Factotum (1975) and many other books. His works that were adapted to the movies were Barfly (1985), Tales of Ordinary Madness (1981), Bukowski Born into This (2003), Factotum (2005) and many other movies. So many works he created, and now, let’s read his quotes, there are 30 extraordinary mind quotes by Charles Bukowski:
1. “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts. While the stupid ones are full of confidence.” – Charles Bukowski
2. “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.” – Charles Bukowski quote
3. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside – remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” – Charles Bukowski
4. “Find what you love and let it kill you.” – Charles Bukowski
5. “You’ve to die a few times before you actually live.” – Charles Bukowski
6. “No light goes out until it goes out. Let’s fight as men, not rats. Period.” – Charles Bukowski
7. “If I stop writing I am dead. And that’s the only way I’ll stop: dead.” – Charles Bukowski
8. “Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.” – Charles Bukowski
9. “The less I needed, the better I felt.” – Charles Bukowski
10. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – Charles Bukowski
11. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski
12. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
13. “Nobody can save you but yourself and you’re worth saving. It’s a war not easily won but if anything is worth winning then this is it.” – Charles Bukowski
14. “It’s possible to love a human being if you don’t know them too well.” – Charles Bukowski
15. “Almost everybody is born a genius and buried an idiot.” – Charles Bukowski
16. “The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn’t interest you.” – Charles Bukowski
17. “Somebody once asked me what my theory of life was, and I said, ‘Don’t try.’ That fits the writing, too. I don’t try; I just type.” – Charles Bukowski
18. “We must.. We must bring our own light to the darkness” – Charles Bukowski
19. “What a woman wants is a reaction. What a man wants is a woman.” – Charles Bukowski
20. “It’s when you begin to lie to yourself in a poem in order to simply make a poem, that you fail.” – Charles Bukowski
21. “Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.” – Charles Bukowski
22. “If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence.” – Charles Bukowski
23. “An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.” ― Charles Bukowski
24. “It’s better to do a dull thing with style than a dangerous thing without it.” – Charles Bukowski
25. “There are only two things wrong with money: too much or too little.” – Charles Bukowski
26. “If you get married they think you’re finished and if you are without a woman they think you’re incomplete.” – Charles Bukowski
27. “If you want to know where God is, ask a drunk.” – Charles Bukowski
28. “We’re all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn’t. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities; we are eaten up by nothing.” – Charles Bukowski
29. “Don’t feel sorry for me because I am alone, for even at the most terrible moments, humor is my companion.” – Charles Bukowski
30. “I would say that Mickey Mouse has a greater influence on the American public than Shakespeare, Milton, Dante, Rabelais, Shostakovitch, Lenin, and/or Van Gogh. Which says ‘What?’ about the American Public. Disneyland remains the central attraction of Southern California, but the graveyard remains our reality.” – Charles Bukowski quote
Wow! you have read the 30 extraordinary mind quotes by Charles Bukowski! Congratulation! Which is your favorite quote? Please let us know your favorite quote in the comment tab below to be discussed. Just share your opinion and let people know about this information.
Don’t forget to share our images easily to your social media. Thanks so much for reading till the end!