Kevin Jerome Gilyard, professionally known as Kevin Gates, is an American entrepreneur and an artist. A native of the Baton Rouge area of Louisiana, Kevin has created a following for himself with his raunchy lyrics and flow.
Known mostly for his autobiographical themes in his songs, his lyrics often deal with subjects like depression, poverty, and prison time.
- Born: February 5, 1986
He started to rap at the age of 14 and began his career in the year 2005. Let these Kevin Gates quotes inspire you to hustle for your dreams and live a purposeful life.
1. “I love God, I love everybody else around me as myself, and I love my enemy.” – Kevin Gates
2. “I’m a perfect imperfection. My craft has been perfected. I just need affection, emotionally. I’m an introvert but it come off as aggression.” – Kevin Gates
3. “My daily conversation, it consists of hustle. Grinding from the bottom sick and tired of struggle.” – Kevin Gates
4. “Wealth is not of the pocket. It’s of the heart. It’s of the mind. I live like that. You could give me a fish and feed more for a day, but if you teach me to fish, you’ve fed me forever. So that’s really my philosophy with it all.” – Kevin Gates
5. “Breathing is so important with physical activity, then how much more important is it with psychological activity?” – Kevin Gates
6. “Don’t get mad at me for being the best of what I was created to be.” – Kevin Gates
7. “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” – Kevin Gates
8. “You can’t make everybody else happy and still stay on top.” – Kevin Gates
9. “I’ve had mixtapes that have been better than albums I’ve heard from other artists. I take my time; I put my heart into it.” – Kevin Gates
10. “I don’t give anyone a reason to hate me, they create their own drama out of pure jealousy. Keep ears opened, mouth closed.” – Kevin Gates
11. “Out my window.. I see everything I dream about and wished I had”– Kevin Gates
12. “I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge. I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice.” – Kevin Gates
13. “I don’t pay attention to sales because it’s not about that for me. It’s about the music. Music is all I have.” – Kevin Gates
14. “I could care less about the particular. I like to make music.” – Kevin Gates
15. “Music’s the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer with depression, and it’s my only form of releasing it.” – Kevin Gates
16. “If I tell the truth about me, what can the world say? I’d love to be accepted, but I’m not seeking acceptance. If you are a fan, it’s because you’re a fan of who I am psychologically, emotionally, and individually.” – Kevin Gates
17. “Some may consider this a problem, I easily fall in love.” – Kevin Gates
18. “Knowledge is provided but only to those who need to know.” – Kevin Gates
19. “My grandmother was an English teacher for a while. And she stressed to me the importance of reading, being able to articulate well.” – Kevin Gates
20. “Why accept failure when success is free?” – Kevin Gates
21. “I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this.” – Kevin Gates
22. “I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge, I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice.” – Kevin Gates
23. “My grandmother was an English teacher for a while. And she stressed to me the importance of reading, being able to articulate well.” – Kevin Gates
24. “To inform, to improve, to make better, and I believe that’s what my first daughter did to me, so I named my first album after my first daughter.” – Kevin Gates
25. “Wise men change, fools stay the same.” – Kevin Gates
Which of these Kevin Gates quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. You can also share or use images on your social media easily.